Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Second Day of Blogging - Oh my!

Well, the saga of the summer of 2008 actually begins in 1987 when I shattered my ankle.  Two years of surgeries, therapy and cast came down to 20 years of wearing a brace on my left ankle and still having trouble walking more than a short distance. Arthritis, of course set in and in the fall of 2007 I had surgery to "clean up and repair" the ankle, allowing me to walk without the brace.  What a wonderful feeling that was.  Months of therapy and a couple of casts later, I was beginning to walk better and buy shoes!  :)  I bought a motor scooter for my short (8 mile) trip to work and on the first day that I took it to work I fell and shattered both bones in my lower leg and the knee.  Oops!  I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, home in a hospital bed for 4 months and then began the tedious work of learning to walk again.  Got to go back to work in a wheelchair.  After my first 2 weeks of being back fulltime, I was let go - unexpectedly.   Over time, job hunting in this economy when you are no good on your feet is the next thing to impossible and I realized I had a job - jewelry design.  I was well-prepared, with drawers of beads and findings hunted up and purchased on sale over the previous 2 years and many designs I had yet to try.  So I have begun this journey, this jewelry journey to success.  I am meeting wonderful people and learning so much and having a blast calling making my designs "work".

No comments:

Post a Comment