Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In the beginning..........

Well, here goes.  I keep reading and hearing that I "have to" blog, especially if I wanted to be successful.  So I'm blogging.  I'm hoping that sharing this journey I am on from all the things I have formerly been - mother, pastor, counselor, bookkeeper, etc. - to a professional jewelry designer might bring insights to both myself and others. 

It started quite innocently when I became acquainted with book thongs.  My first reaction was, "I can do that."  It's been a lifetime habit to try new crafts; some of which stay with me and some to which I never return.  So I began making them and using them for small gifts for friends and family members.  About the same time a friend of mine was beginning to make jewelry and I was quick to proclaim that I wasn't making jewelry - only book thongs!  Well, never say never because I was able to resist for several months, but finally gave in about two years ago.  Still, outside of a couple of bazaars, it was for fun and gifts.  Then came the awful summer of 2008.  I'll fill you in on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment