Sunday, October 4, 2009

Surprises on the Journey

It always amazes me what the surprises are on any particular journey.  They are not always what you expect.  This week I was extremely surprised to find myself being very spontaneously creative.  The old process was, think about what to make (or be inspired by something), spend many minutes pouring through supplies to decide which beads and findings to use for it, use a bead board and lay it out, then make changes until satisfied and put it all together.  It was very time consuming.  This week I found myself having a quick clear idea of what I wanted to do, whether inspired by something in particular or just having an idea.  When I chose materials, it was a pretty quick thing, just opening the right drawers to get out what I wanted.  Finally, with all that together, I just began to assemble and the piece turned out.  It felt so strange the first time and yet it was fun.  Check out this link on my artfire studio to see the first item it occurred on:  http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=551976.  Since then I've made maybe 6-7 new items with the process being so much easier and quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment