Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Has Arrived

So excited!  The sun has been shining and on a couple of days a sweater was enough to wear outside.  Leaving behind the boots, hats, gloves and scarves helps so much.  I feel like I lost 10 lbs.  Flowers are blooming everywhere and my jewelry musings and creations are lighter and brighter too.  Life is good.

I have decided that it is definitely possible to "think too much".  Tending to be a worry wart and compulsive planner, I am often derailed by the necessary changes with which life insists on making me struggle.  The dryer repairman called off sick and the laundry is 1/2 way to the ceiling in the laundry room.  My almost-perfect son is making teenage explorations of which I do not approve.  I think perhaps someone shortened the number of hours in the day or days in the month because I can't keep up with the passing of time.  Wasn't Thanksgiving just a couple of weeks ago?  All that being true, I gave up the intricate daily schedules, the counting of items listed per week and trying to stay one step ahead of my life.  In return, I received joy!  I had a relaxed week with significant contact (phone) with friends, a little bit of shopping (mostly beads and findings), exciting new jewelry created and ideas for more so plentiful that I had to start using my sketch book almost every day.  As old as I am, you would think I would have gotten this together earlier in life.  But I didn't.  I started last week.  Why don't you join me?  It's a kick!

1 comment:

  1. I've come across your blog from another blog, and I totally know where you are coming from. I didn't get any comments on anything for a very long time! I get a few now, and comments are like recognition to us. A sign that you do have readers and followers, like friends out there ~somewhere~ I'm pretty much home bound with autoimmune illnesses, so keeping in touch with people via the internet is a good way to still feel connected. Making jewelry and pretty things is therapy for me, and I'm hoping it becomes a full time job. (that I LOVE!) Hang in there, as I am.... you have the talent! Keep up the good work. Blog about things in your life, it doesn't have to all be business related. I started my blog because I have Lupus, and love to bead. One thing led to another, and now we are getting one together just for the etsy shop. Hopefully sales will pick up soon! Anyway, good luck! And sorry for rambling on ;)

    ReplyDelete